The elevator pitch is that we have recently launched a social entrepreneurship venture via four podcast news channels that are focused on advancing public engagement in autism, technology, politics & public service. We record about 2-3 podcasts a week and after editing, publish it on our social media networks.
However, everything else before and after a podcast needs a producer or editor to help us identify or manage compelling topics, insightful speakers, probing questions, timely programing, key takeaways, engaging social media promotion, quality control, publishing weekly E-Newsletters and targeted business development (subscriptions, advertising & partnerships).
We are looking for thoughtful interns, volunteers and contributing Associate Editors & Associate Producers to help bring it all together. And in return, each participating intern would get:
- Learn podcast production, business development, social media entrepreneurship, (WordPress) website management.
- Become the Associate Producer or Contributing Editor of your chosen podcast(s) news channel with full credits
- Have direct input on developing the podcast content/questions and topics/speakers.
- Be able to publish any of your related academic work as a blog post & promote it on our podcast network.
- Build your own relationships with the speakers, their staff or the organizations we interview.
- Receive a letter of recommendation and use our name as a referral on job applications (after 6 months).
- Get a personal referral to anyone in our 10,000+ personal and professional networks.
- After 6 months, you can co-host any podcast you have worked on.
- As a social enterprise, we open to exploring or launching a spin-off program, business or startup with you.
- And last but not least, you get 50% of any advertising revenue that you generate while you are with us.
Please review the attached details of each of our podcast news channels and if you share our vision, I hope you’ll join us. We haven’t figured everything out yet but this feels like the right thing to do and with your help, we will make a difference.
Podcast Host & Founder
The Afshar Group